Ohio Causes of Birth Injury Lawyers
When mistakes are made due to negligence on the part of obstetricians or others involved during pregnancy and birth, the victims are children who are born with birth injuries and the parents who are often responsible for taking care of them. These errors may be caused by a variety of reasons, including a lack of communication, a lack of understanding of complex medical issues, and the misdiagnosis of medical issues on the part of nurses, technicians and obstetricians.
In order to help injured infants and affected parents deal with the costs and challenges of the care, therapy and accommodations of a disability, our experienced attorneys diligently pursue medical malpractice claims for our clients. Contact Lancione & Lancione regarding your legal options after a birth injury has occurred in Akron or elsewhere in the state of Ohio.
Experienced Akron Birth Trauma Attorneys
Our firm has had significant achievements in birth injury cases, including millions of dollars for children who have been harmed during pregnancy or delivery. Causes of birth injuries may include:
- Failure to monitor or respond to fetal distress during pregnancy, labor or delivery
- Failure to have emergency protocols in place in the event that a C-section is required to rescue a fetus in distress
- Faulty handling of a baby whose shoulders have become lodged in the mother's pelvis during delivery
- Misdiagnosis of risk factors indicated during the prenatal period
- Overmedication or medication errors before or during labor
- Misuse of forceps and vacuum extraction devices during delivery
Lancione & Lancione, PLL, is a well-established Ohio birth injury law firm with years of experience representing babies and their families after birth trauma has resulted in conditions such as cerebral palsy, Erb's palsy or stillbirth.
Contact Our Experienced Ohio Firm to Schedule a Free Initial Consultation
Follow this link to read in more detail about these and other cases that we successfully handled for children who have suffered birth injuries. Contact our Rocky River office to schedule your free initial consultation regarding your legal options when birth trauma results in disability or injury to yourself or your child.