Experienced Ohio Birth Injury Attorneys
The term 'cerebral palsy' is used to refer to a group of disorders typically related to an individual's inability to control motor function. Typically, cerebral palsy is categorized into four types: spastic cerebral palsy, athetoid or dyskinetic cerebral palsy, ataxic cerebral palsy or mixed forms of cerebral palsy. Cerebral palsy may be caused by medical errors during pregnancy or delivery, many of which are avoidable.
The law firm of Lancione & Lancione, PLL, is one of the leading medical malpractice and birth injury law firms in the state of Ohio. Our Columbus attorneys have a special interest in birth injury cases involving cerebral palsy, a condition commonly caused by oxygen deprivation or head trauma during birth. We have recovered significant verdicts and settlements for clients in birth injury and other medical malpractice cases.
Columbus Cerebral Palsy Lawyers
While there can be genetic factors that contribute to cerebral palsy, the condition can often be caused by medical errors that include:
- Improper use of delivery forceps
- Improper response to precarious vital signs
- Failure to recognize fetal distress
- Failure to diagnose and treat jaundice or meningitis
- Delayed delivery
- Failure to recognize pregnancy-induced hypertension (preeclampsia)
- The failure to recognize and treat infant seizures
- Failure to perform a C-section when a fetus is in distress
- Excessive use of a vacuum extractor
- Failure to detect a prolapsed umbilical cord
At Lancione & Lancione, our three generations of Ohio birth injury lawyers have successfully settled numerous cerebral palsy cases for parents and children who have to deal with a lifetime of medical care.
Contact Our Columbus Birth Injury Firm
Contact the Cleveland office of Lancione & Lancione at 866-744-1330 or contact us online for a free consultation. Schedule a free initial consultation to discuss your options with us and learn more about your rights.
Connect with John A. Lancione on Google+