Cleveland Birth Injury Attorney for Ohio Medical Malpractice Claims
When a cerebral palsy diagnosis is made, many parents wonder: was medical malpractice to blame? Sadly, medical malpractice has caused thousands of cerebral palsy cases. Doctors' mistakes are often to blame for CP and other birth injuries.
At Lancione & Lancione, PLL, we handle birth injury cases related to many different types of medical errors, including the ones listed below:
- Failure to plan a cesarean section in a high-risk pregnancy
- Failure to perform a cesarean section in a timely manner
- Allowing the child to remain too long in the birth canal, leading to oxygen deprivation
- Undetected or untreated umbilical cord prolapse
- Vacuum extraction or forceps errors leading to head injury
- Failure to diagnose or treat seizures post-delivery
- Failure to diagnose and treat jaundice, leading to Kernicterus
- Failure to diagnose and treat bacterial meningitis
- Other brain damage or brain infections
Medical errors leading to cerebral palsy can occur during pregnancy, labor and birth. They can also occur immediately following the birth. They happen when doctors fail to provide the proper medical care that other, similar doctors would provide in similar situations. This can be due to inaction, by failing to prevent an injury, or by action: making a mistake that causes harm.
Did Medical Malpractice Cause Cerebral Palsy?
If medical malpractice caused your child's cerebral palsy, the legal team at Lancione & Lancione, PLL, is dedicated to helping you achieve the best possible results through legal action in Ohio courts. Our goal is to improve the safety of the Ohio health care industry by holding negligent physicians and medical facilities to account for the harm they cause.
Our focus on obtaining monetary compensation for our clients has allowed us to achieve many multimillion-dollar verdicts and settlements, including one of the largest medical malpractice verdicts in the state of Ohio.
We invite you to call our Cleveland offices at 866-744-1330 or contact us online to schedule an appointment. Lancione & Lancione is proud to serve clients in Cincinnati, Columbus, Toledo, Akron, Youngstown and communities throughout Ohio.