Ohio Birth Complications Lawyer
Not all pregnancies go smoothly. There are many reasons that pregnancies can become high risk. Few of these reasons are within a mother's control. The ability to properly monitor and care for the growing infant is, however, within the doctor's control.
When doctors fail to give proper care and when their actions cause harm to a child, they should be held responsible. At the Cleveland law offices of Lancione & Lancione, PLL, we are dedicated to taking action against negligent health care providers by filing medical malpractice lawsuits in Ohio courts.
Many of the cases we handle involve high-risk pregnancies and related factors:
- Advanced maternal age: Women over age 35 are more likely to face complications in their pregnancies. Accordingly, their doctors must closely monitor the health of both mothers and babies.
- Mothers with diabetes: Diabetes raises the risk of problems for babies and mothers because it can increase the levels of blood glucose — sugar — in the blood. Too much glucose is not good for growing babies.
- A history of premature birth: Premature infants are more susceptible to infections, respiratory and developmental problems than other infants, so doctors should do everything possible to provide top quality medical care. Unfortunately, this does not always happen.
- PROM and PPROM (premature rupture of membranes): When pre-term premature rupture of membranes occurs during pregnancy, labor should begin quickly. When it does not, it should be induced. Failure to do so may cause significant problems for infants.
- Suspected large fetus: Women carrying large fetuses also face potential problems, such as cephalopelvic disproportion, a condition when the infant is too large to fit through the mother's pelvis during delivery.
- Twins, triplets and multiples: When mothers carry multiple infants, they also face potential problems. Doctors must take appropriate care to make sure that all babies are healthy.
Cleveland High-Risk Birth Attorney
We invite you to call our Cleveland offices at 866-744-1330 or contact us online to schedule an appointment. Lancione & Lancione, PLL, is proud to serve clients throughout Ohio in places including Cincinnati, Columbus, Toledo, Akron and Youngstown, as well as other communities.
Connect with John A. Lancione on Google+