Attorneys Fighting the Negligent Treatment of Pulmonary Embolism in Ohio
The Cleveland medical malpractice law firm of Lancione & Lancione, PLL, is dedicated to improving the quality and safety of medical care for patients throughout Ohio. We have three generations of attorneys who have represented victims of malpractice and have a record of success in cases involving negligent treatment of serious conditions.
When a patient has difficulty breathing, chest pain, rapid heartbeat, cough, lightheadedness, anxiety or profuse sweating, one of the first steps a competent physician should do is conduct a differential diagnosis in order to rule out a life-threatening condition like pulmonary embolism.
Even when pulmonary embolism is properly diagnosed, serious or fatal medical mistakes may still occur. If emergency room doctors or primary care physicians fail to follow standard procedures for the treatment of pulmonary embolism, they may be considered negligent.
Examples of negligent treatment of pulmonary embolism may include:
- Failure to recognize and treat the symptoms of deep vein thrombosis (DVT), a primary cause of pulmonary embolism
- Failure to take risk factors into account, such as patient's use of birth control pills or a family history of coagulopathy (abnormal clotting)
- Failure to take precautions to prevent pulmonary embolism following abdominal surgery or childbirth (particularly childbirth by Caesarian section)
- Failure to administer anticoagulants, when indicated
- Failure to use an IVC (interior vena cava filter) when anticoagulants are contraindicated
- Any misdiagnosis or negligent treatment of pulmonary embolism resulting in serious or permanent injury or death
If you or a loved one suffered needlessly due to the negligent treatment of pulmonary embolism or deep vein thrombosis, we encourage you to contact an experienced medical malpractice lawyer immediately for guidance regarding your rights and options.
Contact an Attorney at Lancione & Lancione
We invite you to call our offices in Cleveland at 866-744-1330 or contact us online at any time to request a free consultation with a leading medical malpractice lawyer who can answer your questions and offer you sound legal advice regarding your case. Lancione & Lancione is proud to serve clients in Columbus, Toledo, Akron, Cincinnati and communities throughout Ohio.