Did Medical Malpractice Cause Your Child's Cerebral Palsy?
When a cerebral palsy diagnosis is made, many parents wonder: was medical malpractice to blame? Is there anything that could have prevented this diagnosis? These are all very good questions and the truth is that sadly, medical malpractice has caused thousands of cerebral palsy cases. Doctors’ mistakes are often to blame for Cerebral Palsy and other birth injuries.
At The Lancione Law Firm, we handle birth injury cases related to many different types of medical errors, including the ones listed below:
- Allowing the child to remain too long in the birth canal which leads to oxygen deprivation
- Failure to perform a cesarean section in a timely manner
- Failure to plan a cesarean section in a high-risk pregnancy
- Undetected or untreated umbilical cord prolapse
- Failure to diagnose and treat bacterial meningitis
- Failure to diagnose or treat seizures post-delivery
- Failure to diagnose and treat jaundice, leading to Kernicterus
- Other brain damage or brain infections
- Vacuum extraction or forceps errors leading to head injury
Medical errors leading to cerebral palsy can occur during pregnancy, labor and birth. They can also occur immediately following the birth. They happen when doctors fail at providing proper medical care that other doctors would have provided in similar situations. This can be due to inaction, by failing to prevent an injury, or by action: making a mistake that causes harm.
Call Us Even If You Only Suspect Medical Malpractice. Proving Fault Is Our Job.
If medical malpractice caused your child’s cerebral palsy, the legal team at The Lancione Law Firm, is dedicated to helping you achieve the best possible results through legal action in Ohio courts. Our goal is to improve the safety of the Ohio health care industry by holding negligent physicians and medical facilities to account for the harm they cause.
Our focus on obtaining monetary compensation for our clients has allowed us to achieve many multimillion-dollar verdicts and settlements, including one of the largest medical malpractice verdicts in Ohio.
If you, your child or another loved one suffers from cerebral palsy, you should seek the advice of an experienced medical malpractice and birth injury lawyer immediately. We invite you to call our Rocky River offices at (440) 220-4439 or contact us online at any time to schedule an appointment. The Lancione Law Firm is proud to serve clients in Cincinnati, Columbus, Toledo, Akron and other communities throughout Ohio.