Answering Your Questions About Medical Malpractice
Because medical malpractice is an incredibly complex field of law, The Lancione Law Firm wishes to help our clients learn more about it. If you or someone you love suffered an injury due to a negligent medical provider, you probably have many questions. These are some of the questions that we frequently hear from our clients. We also have a page where you can read answers to questions about birth injuries.
- How do I know if it was medical malpractice?
To establish a medical malpractice case, your case must have several conditions:
- You were a patient of a certain doctor, nurse or any other health professional.
- The practitioner deviated from the established standard of care.
- This negligence caused an injury.
- This injury caused you harm.
- How do I determine who was responsible for a medical error?
Doctors are some of the most common culprits of medical malpractice, but other health professionals like nurses, EMTs and paramedics can also cause them. Identifying the culprit is not easy. It has a long discovery process that may require reviewing your medical records, interviewing witnesses and requesting documents.
- What if they won’t admit their error?
Sometimes, the defendant will settle out of court or will admit partial negligence. But if they refuse these options, you may need to pursue a lawsuit in court.
- How much is my medical malpractice claim worth?
Every claim is different. The amount of money you can recover will depend on factors such as:
- Hospital costs
- The cost of ongoing treatment
- The severity of the injury
- The scale of the negligence
When you consult a lawyer, they can give you a better idea of what to expect from your claim.
- How do I choose a medical malpractice attorney?
You will want an attorney who has extensive experience plus a track record of successful settlements and verdicts. The team at The Lancione Law Firm, for example, has an 80-year legacy of service and has recovered millions of dollars for our clients.
Ask Us More Questions About Malpractice
You can ask a lawyer more questions in a face-to-face meeting when you schedule an initial consultation with The Lancione Law Firm. To schedule your consultation, call our Cleveland office at 440-571-6862. You can also reach us via email.