Birth Injury, Medical Malpractice
Cleveland Ohio's Top Winning Law Firm
and Personal Injury
Verdicts and Settlements
When you face a legal challenge involving medical malpractice or birth injury, you need to trust that your attorney is up to the challenge. The attorneys at The Lancione Law Firm are among the most successful trial lawyers in the state of Ohio, having obtained many multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements on behalf of our clients.
The firm’s greatest success was a $17,050,000 verdict obtained by Attorney John G. Lancione in 1992. This is one of the largest medical malpractice verdicts in the history of the state of Ohio that has not been overturned.
The Lancione Law Firm is located in Cleveland, Ohio and represents clients throughout the Nation and the State of Ohio. We have obtained record jury verdicts in several of Ohio’s eighty-eight counties.
The cases below are just a few of the other many successes that The Lancione Law Firm has obtained on behalf of their clients.
- $22 million settlement: A child who suffered severe brain damage resulting in Kernicterus, caused by the hospital’s failure to properly interpret bilirubin levels.
- $15.5 million settlement: Baby boy who suffered brain damage and cerebral palsy due to nurses failing to notify obstetrician that the baby was experiencing fetal distress.
- $14.2 million settlement: Baby girl who suffered brain damage and cerebral palsy due to nurse failing to follow hospital policy.
- $12.6 million settlement: Baby girl diagnosed with cerebral palsy after obstetrician failed to respond to signs of fetal distress.
- $9 million settlement: A child who suffered severe brain damage resulting in cerebral palsy. The child was delivered by emergency cesarean section following uterine rupture.
- $7.5 million settlement: Baby boy who suffered brain damage and cerebral palsy due to doctor failing to recognize fetal distress on fetal heart monitor.
- $5.5 million settlement: Baby girl who suffered brain damage and cerebral palsy due to fetal-maternal hemorrhage.
- $5 million settlement: Newborn diagnosed with severe cerebral palsy related to umbilical cord prolapse.
- $4.3 million settlement: Baby boy who suffered brain damage and cerebral palsy due to placental abruption.
- $3.75 million settlement: Baby boy diagnosed with cerebral palsy after obstetrician ignored extreme fetal weight, leading to complications and a prolonged period in which the child’s heart did not beat.
- $3 million settlement: Family of woman who died as result of obstetrician and nurse failing to recognize severe preeclampsia.
- $2.3 million settlement: Baby girl diagnosed with cerebral palsy when emergency cesarean was not performed in time.
- $1.6 million settlement: Family of baby boy who died in his mother’s womb as result of hospital failing to have enough nurses to monitor laboring patients.
- $1.1 million settlement: Baby developed Erb’s Palsy after suffering a brachial plexus injury during birth.
- $1 million verdict: Baby boy developed Erb’s Palsy and Kumpke Palsy and permanently lost use of his arm after suffering a brachial plexus injury during delivery.
- $900,000 verdict: 16-year-old girl suffered Erb’s Palsy as a result of errors during birth.
- $750,000 settlement: 4-year-old boy diagnosed with Erb’s Palsy after obstetrician failed to order a glucose tolerance test to rule out gestational diabetes.l
Medicine And Anesthesia Errors
- $1.5 million settlement: Mother of three killed as a result of anesthesia complications.
- $1.25 million settlement: Woman who suffered above elbow amputation due to doctors failing to diagnose blood clot in brachial artery.
Paralysis/Spinal Cord Injuries
- $2.8 million settlement: 16-year-old girl paralyzed due to the failure to recognize spina bifida prior to surgery.
- $2.5 million settlement: 14-year-old boy paralyzed as a result of spinal cord trauma during surgery.
- $2 million settlement: 65-year-old woman suffered massive stroke related to improper catheter instructions.
- $1.75 million verdict: 68-year-old woman suffered paraplegia after medical personnel failed to diagnose an aneurysm.
- $1.1 million verdict: Delayed diagnosis of colon cancer reduced woman’s life expectancy.
- $2.6 million settlement: Woman failed to receive life-saving treatment for breast cancer after she was erroneously told that an abnormal mass had disappeared.
Other Catastrophic Personal Injury And Wrongful Death Verdicts
- $17 million jury verdict: 9-year-old suffered brain damage due to a resident physician’s failure to follow attending’s orders.
- $4.5 million settlement: 38-year old man suffered severe brain damage when doctors failed to diagnose an aneurysm.
- $2.75 million settlement: Baby boy who suffered brain damage as result in delay in diagnosis of bacterial meningitis.
- $2.5 million settlement: 58-year-old father of three killed by negligent driver of garbage truck.
- $1.25 million settlement: Arm amputation of a woman due to a blood clot in her arm.
- $1 million settlement: Teenager who lost vision in one eye due to delay in diagnosis of pseudo tumor cerebri.
- $800,000 settlement: Widow whose husband died from Steven Johnson Syndrome and Toxic Epidermal Necrosis due to medication error.
- $750,000 settlement: Widow whose husband died from a heart attack after being diagnosed with bronchitis in emergency room.
- $700,000 settlement: Family of man who died from a hemorrhage after the pacemaker wire was pulled out causing a tear in his heart.
Contact Our Passionate Personal Injury Lawyers In Ohio.
Free Consultation – No Fee Until We Win For You.
Contact the medical malpractice lawyers at The Lancione Law Firm, for a free consultation. Our attorneys can be reached by phone at 877-515-4369, by filling out the intake form on our Contact Us page. The Lancione Law Firm proudly serves Nation and the entire State of Ohio, including the communities of Cleveland, Columbus, and Toledo.