Attorney John A. Lancione
Award-winning, national-renowned Cleveland birth injury lawyer
Attorney John A. Lancione is a third-generation lawyer and the principal attorney at The Lancione Law Firm. With more than 30 years of legal experience, he has a well-earned reputation as one of the most prominent and successful medical malpractice and birth injury lawyers in the state of Ohio.
John Lancione works hard to not only secure the recovery his clients are owed, but also to hold negligent parties accountable. He has been selected for inclusion in the Super Lawyers® list every year since 2004 and named “Best Lawyer” and "Best Law Firm" by U.S. News & World Report. Attorney Lancione also has an AV Preeminent® Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, which is the highest peer rating standard, signifying that a large number of the lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence for their legal knowledge, communication skills and ethical standards.
Attorney Lancione consistently obtains sizable financial settlements and verdicts for injury victims and their families, including many multi-million-dollar case results. In one case, he secured $17 million for a family in a medical malpractice case. In another, he obtained $14.2 million for a family of a child that suffered a birth injury. That’s why other law firms routinely refer birth injury and medical malpractice cases to attorney Lancione. He’s the lawyer other attorneys count on in a crisis.
Personalized, hands-on approach to complex legal cases
While attorney Lancione has achieved a high level of success, he never forgets what matters most – his client’s best interests. You will notice the difference the first time you meet with him. Attorney Lancione will take the time to find out exactly what happened. He will listen to you explain everything in your own words. He will then outline the legal options available to you. That way, you can make informed decisions based on the facts.
And if you ever have a question about your case, you can call attorney Lancione directly anytime on his personal cellphone. He works this way because he believes you should be actively involved in your legal case. He also understands that people often don’t have time to talk to a lawyer during normal business hours. That’s why he’s available on your terms.
Discover what attorney Lancione can do for you. Contact us
There’s no shortcut to success. To win complicated legal cases, attorneys need to thoroughly research each case and be prepared to go to trial if necessary. Cleveland birth injury lawyer John A. Lancione works tirelessly on every legal case he tackles at his law firm. Whether it’s carefully reviewing medical records or consulting with experts, he leaves no stone unturned in pursuit of the truth.
The path the justice can often be a long road. Start your legal journey today. Contact us and schedule a free consultation with Cleveland medical negligence attorney John A. Lancione. He can meet with you at our Rocky River, Ohio office or wherever is convenient for you. Schedule an appointment online or call (440) 331-6100 or (877) 515-4369 to speak directly with attorney Lancione.
- Rated by Super Lawyers 2004-Present
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent® Rating
- U.S. News & World Report; Best Law Firms, Best Lawyers, 2011-Present
- The Dan Cullen Memorial Lifetime Achievement Award, American Association for Justice, 2017
- Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers, 2014
- Cleveland's Best Lawyers
- Top Attorneys In Ohio - Cleveland, Cincinnati Magazines & Columbus Monthly 2013
- Case Western Reserve University Law School, Cleveland, Ohio
J.D. - 1988
- Denison University
B.A. - 1985
Major: Political Science
- Ohio, 1988
- Cleveland Bar Association, Member
- Cuyahoga County Bar Association, Member, Negligence Committee
- Cuyahoga County Bar Association, Chairman, Young Lawyers Committee, 1994 to 1994
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Co-Chairman: Birth Trauma Litigation Group 2008-2010; Professional Negligence Section Chairman 2016-2017; recipient of the Dan Cullen Memorial Lifetime Achievement Award 2017; Board of Governors 2014-2017; Member, Membership Oversight Committee 1993-1996.
- American Association for Justice, New Lawyer Division, Ohio Governor, 1994 to 1995
- Ohio Association for Justice, President-Elect, 2007 to 2008
- Ohio Association for Justice, President, 2008 to 2009
- Ohio Association for Justice, Executive Committee, 2001 to 2003
- Ohio Association for Justice, Board of Trustees, 1993-2017
- Ohio Association for Justice, Medical Negligence Section, Chairman, 1998 to 2000
- Cleveland Academy of Trial Lawyers, Member, 2001 to 2007
- Ohio Association for Justice, Advocates Circle, 2008-2017
- Marshall v. Ortega, 87 Ohio St. 3d 522, 2000, Ohio Supreme Court, 1999279724
- Gum v. CEI, 81 Ohio State 3d 1243, 1998, Ohio Supreme Court, 1998066628
- Schlachet v. Cleveland Clinic, 104 Ohio App. 3d 160, 1995, Ohio Court of Appeals, 1995113214
- Hallett v. Stow Bd. of Ed., 89 Ohio App.3d 309, 1993, Ohio Court of Appeals, 1993226222
- Fortman v. Dayton Power & Light Co., 80 Ohio App.3d 525, 1992, Ohio Court of Appeals, 1993047393