The Lancione Law FirmBirth Injury
For over 80 years, the attorneys at The Lancione Law Firm have a legacy of fighting for families across the Nation and the State of Ohio and are responsible for obtaining countless multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements involving birth injury and medical malpractice litigation. Call toll free 877-515-4369 for a free consultation.
When your a client of John’s you speak directly with him!
If your child has been affected by a birth injury caused by medical negligence, you need to contact John Lancione, Esq. who has over 30 years of experience representing children and families.
When a child is born, it is one of the most joyous events of one’s lifetime. However, preventable medical errors can be made by medical professionals which cause birth injuries such as irreversible brain damage, including cerebral palsy. Birth injuries can affect children and their families for the rest of their life.
The consequences of birth injuries create severe emotional, medical, and financial hardship for the entire family.
The Trauma may be Clear but the Case is Rarely Easy to Prove.
Birth injuries caused by medical professionals are usually preventable. Frequently, the medical negligence can cause irreversible harm to infants. These injuries will impact the child for the rest of their life, creating medical, emotional, and financial hardships for their families as well. Birth injury cases are extremely complex and difficult to prove which is why you should call The Lancione Law Firm.
John Lancione, is an expert
at identifying and litigating all types of preventable birth injuries including:
- Birth injuries that result in brain damage that can lead to cerebral palsy, Erb’s palsy or the stillbirth of your child.
- Birth injuries caused by certain action or failure to act involving fetal distress, placental abruption, preeclampsia, premature rupture of membranes, prenatal care errors, preterm delivery, uterine ruptures, midwife error, infection and more.
- Complications that occur during birthing involving drugs used to arrest labor, inducing labor, fetal monitoring, forceps/vacuum extraction deliveries, umbilical cords, breech birth or delayed birth.
- Medical facilities or professionals failing to have the proper emergency safeguards in place such as a timely emergency C-section is a common method of delivery. When there is a delay in an emergency situation that affects the childbirth process, it can cause severe brain injuries, including cerebral palsy.
- Mishandling an infant with shoulder dystocia: In childbirth, an infant’s shoulder can be become lodged in the mother’s pelvis. Not using the proper care and procedures to deliver a baby with shoulder dystocia can stretch the brachial plexus, which is attached to several nerves that enter the base of the skull. A child born with brachial plexus injuries can suffer Erb’s palsy, Klumpke Palsy and other disabilities, including cerebral palsy.
- Critical errors in prenatal care and high-risk birth management, including misdiagnosing gestational diabetes and other pregnancy conditions can result in babies who require specialized care in childbirth.
- Any harm suffered by the mother during birth, including infections, blood clots or excessive bleeding.
You Need Answers
We invite you to call the team at The Lancione Law Firm at 877-515-4369 or contact our staff for a free initial consultation. The Lancione Law Firm proudly serves the entire state of Ohio, including the communities of Cleveland, Columbus, Akron and Toledo.
If you are outside of Ohio, we still may be able to assist with your case do not hesitate to call, John is a nationally recognized birth injury attorney.
Give us a call today so we can discuss the particulars of your birth injury case!
$22 Million Settlement
$9 Million Settlement
$7.5 Million Settlement
$15 Million Settlement
$14.2 Million Settlement
$12.6 Million Settlement
$5.5 Million Settlement
$5 Million Settlement
$4.3 Million Settlement
$3.75 Million Settlement
A Legacy Of Experience
The Lancione Law Firm is one of the most experienced medical malpractice law firms practicing in Cleveland and throughout Ohio.
For almost 80 years and three generations, the Lancione family has a proud history of attorneys who have represented individuals and families dealing with the emotional and financial consequences of medical malpractice and other severe and catastrophic injuries caused by negligence.
The Lancione Law Firm should be your top choice when looking for an attorney in Ohio.
Types of Birth Injuries
Advanced Maternal Age
Blood Clots/Thromboembolic Disease
Brachial Plexus Injury
Causes Of Birth Injury
Cesarean Section Errors
Cord Blood Gas Tests
Dangerous Drugs Related To Birth Injury
Diabetes And Pregnancy
Did Medical Malpractice Cause Cerebral Palsy?
Drugs Used To Arrest Labor
Errors In Inducing Labor
Fetal Distress During Labor
Fetal Monitoring During Labor
Forceps/Vacuum Extraction Delivery
Future Of A Child With A Birth Injury
Hypoxic Ischemic Encephalopathy
Injuries From Delayed Birth
Maternal Infections After Giving Birth
Maternal Injuries During Birth
Medical Negligence & Cerebral Palsy
Negligent High-Risk Birth Management
Neonatal Intensive Care (NICU) Errors
Neonatal Jaundice, Hyperbilirubinemia and Kernicterus
Newborn Hypoxia & Asphyxia
Nonobstetric Surgery During Pregnancy
Obstetrical Nurse Negligence
Pediatric Brain Injury
Premature Rupture Of Membranes
Prenatal Care Errors
PROM And PPROM
Resources To Help Your Child With CP