A Nationally Recognized Birth Injury Law Firm Based in Cleveland, Ohio
When a child is born, it is one of the most joyous events of one’s lifetime. However, preventable medical errors can be made by medical professionals which cause birth injuries such as irreversible brain damage, including cerebral palsy. Birth injuries can affect children and their families for the rest of their life. The consequences of birth injuries create severe emotional, medical, and financial hardship for the entire family.
If your child has been affected by a birth injury caused by medical negligence, you need to contact John Lancione, Esq. who has over 30 years of experience representing children and families.
For over 80 years, the attorneys at The Lancione Law Firm have a legacy of fighting for families across the Nation and the State of Ohio and are responsible for obtaining countless multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements involving birth injury and medical malpractice litigation. Call toll free 877-515-4369 for a free consultation.
The Trauma May be Clear but the Case Is Rarely Easy To Prove.
Birth injuries caused by medical professionals are usually preventable. Frequently, the medical negligence can cause irreversible harm to infants. These injuries will impact the rest of the lives of the children involved, creating medical, emotional, and financial hardships for their families. Birth injury cases are extremely complex and difficult to prove which is why you should call John Lancione. He is and expert at identifying and litigating all types of preventable birth injuries including:
- Birth injuries that result in brain damage that can lead to cerebral palsy, Erb’s palsy or the stillbirth of your child
- Birth injuries caused by certain action or failure to act involving fetal distress, placental abruption, preeclampsia, premature rupture of membranes, prenatal care errors, preterm delivery, uterine ruptures, midwife error, infection and more
- Complications that occur during birthing involving drugs used to arrest labor, inducing labor, fetal monitoring, forceps/vacuum extraction deliveries, umbilical cords, breech birth or delayed birth
- Medical facilities or professionals failing to have the proper emergency safeguards in place such as a timely emergency C-section is a common method of delivery. When there is a delay in an emergency situation that affects the childbirth process, it can cause severe brain injuries, including cerebral palsy.
- Mishandling an infant with shoulder dystocia: In childbirth, an infant’s shoulder can be become lodged in the mother’s pelvis. Not using the proper care and procedures to deliver a baby with shoulder dystocia can stretch the brachial plexus, which is attached to several nerves that enter the base of the skull. A child born with brachial plexus injuries can suffer Erb’s palsy, Klumpke Palsy and other disabilities, including cerebral palsy.
- Critical errors in prenatal care and high-risk birth management, including misdiagnosing gestational diabetes and other pregnancy conditions can result in babies who require specialized care in childbirth.
- Any harm suffered by the mother during birth, including infections, blood clots or excessive bleeding.
Contact The Lancione Law Firm For Answers And A Free Consultation
We invite you to call the team at The Lancione Law Firm at 440-331-6100 or email our staff for a free initial consultation. The Lancione Law Firm proudly serves the entire state of Ohio, including the communities of Cleveland, Columbus, Akron and Toledo. If you are outside of Ohio, we still may be able to assist with your case. Give us a call today so we can discuss the particulars of your birth injury case!
Causes Of Birth Injury
Fetal Distress During Labor
Nonobstetric Surgery During Pregnancy
Obstetrical Nurse Negligence
Premature Rupture Of Membranes
Prenatal Care Errors
Dangerous Drugs Related To Birth Injury
Negligent High-Risk Birth Management
Advanced Maternal Age
Diabetes And Pregnancy
PROM And PPROM
Suspected Large Fetus
Twins, Triplets, Multiples
Drugs Used To Arrest Labor
Errors In Inducing Labor/Pitocin Errors
Fetal Monitoring During Labor
Forceps/Vacuum Extraction Delivery
Injuries From Delayed Birth
Umbilical Cord Complications
Brachial Plexus Injury
Medical Negligence & Cerebral Palsy
Did Medical Malpractice Cause Cerebral Palsy?
Newborn Hypoxia & Asphyxia
Pediatric Brain Injury
Resources To Help Your Child With CP
Neonatal Intensive Care (NICU) Errors
Cord Blood Gas Tests
Future Of A Child With A Birth Injury
The Effects Of A Birth Injury As Your Child Ages
Cesarean Section Errors
© 2017 The Lancione Law Firm