A 48-year-old man has an 11-year-old son who developed a methicillin-sensitive
staphylococcus aureus infection. Staphylococcus infections are generally
treatable with the use of s if the infection is caught in time. The man’s
son was treated in 2011 at a hospital, and he has since recovered.

However, only two weeks after the son’s treatment, the man developed
a sore. He sought medical attention at the same hospital and by the same
physician’s assistant as his son. Despite the treatment his son
had only just received, the boy’s father was not prescribed an which
quickly became a life-threatening medical error.

Only days later, on his third visit to the same hospital, the man reported
shoulder pain. He was seen by a different physician’s assistant
who told him that the two ailments were unrelated. Instead of making the
connection to a likely staphylococcus infection, hospital personnel diagnosed
the man with a different problem.

However, only a couple of days later, the man collapsed at home. By then
it was too late for his hands and feet which had to be amputated. He also
ended up losing his lower legs to the deadly infection because of the
late diagnosis.

In an effort to demand that this hospital take responsibility for the misdiagnosis
and the failure to diagnose this life-threatening infection in a timely
manner, this man has filed a medical malpractice lawsuit against the hospital
for the negligence of its medical staff. Hopefully, this hospital and
all medical centers throughout the country and in Ohio will learn from
this devastating medical mistake.