Medical Malpractice Leads to Questions in Ohio Inmate Death

by | Nov 28, 2014 | Firm News, Medical Malpractice |

Here’s a story of a man who went to rehab for a drug addiction only
to later be found lifeless. A Nov. 25 report states that the man from
Ohio had been addicted to heroin; he was attending a local treatment facility
just a month before he was found on the floor with a spoon, needle and
all evidence leading to a heroin overdose being the cause of death.

The young man had gone to Talbert House’s CCC in Warren County, the
news reports, after his parents and the Clermont County judge determined
the program was the best place for him. The judge ordered him to six months
in CCC, hoping it would turn around his addiction. The facility was meant
to work with him to develop different methods of coping, allowing the
man to get out with a better outlook and future.

As the sergeant reviewed the man’s phone to look for the dealer who
sold him the fatal dose of heroin, the family and police got a surprise.
There, they found that more than just rehab was taking place at CCC; suggestive
text messages had been received from counselors and some reported that
some workers were having sex with inmates at the facility.

Two counselors even admitted to selling chewing tobacco to the men and
using the now-deceased man to sell it to other inmates. On top of that,
the young man had once told his mother that he was given Xanax to sleep;
unfortunately, that drug is not part of the rehabilitation program.

This man’s family is now considering medical malpractice and wrongful
death lawsuits. If this kind of situation has happened to you, it’s
something you could consider as well.


  • Super Lawyers
  • Best Law Firms 2020
  • Best Lawyers 2020
  • Best Lawyers 2021
  • best law firms award
  • american association for justice
  • $350 million awarded
  • amerian institute of legal counsel
  • top rated lawyers