When a cerebral palsy diagnosis is made, many parents wonder: was medical
malpractice to blame? Is there anything that could have prevented this
diagnosis? These are all very good questions and the truth is that sadly,
medical malpractice has caused thousands of cerebral palsy cases. Doctors’
mistakes are often to blame for Cerebral Palsy and other birth injuries.
At The Lancione Law Firm, we handle birth injury cases related to many
different types of medical errors, including the ones listed below:
- Allowing the child to remain too long in the birth canal which leads to
- Failure to perform a cesarean section in a timely manner
- Failure to plan a cesarean section in a high-risk pregnancy
- Undetected or untreated umbilical cord prolapse
- Failure to diagnose and treat bacterial meningitis
- Failure to diagnose or treat seizures post-delivery
- Failure to diagnose and treat jaundice, leading to Kernicterus
- Other brain damage or brain infections
- Vacuum extraction or forceps errors leading to head injury
Medical errors leading to cerebral palsy can occur during pregnancy, labor
and birth. They can also occur immediately following the birth. They happen
when doctors fail at providing proper medical care that other doctors
would have provided in similar situations. This can be due to inaction,
by failing to prevent an injury, or by action: making a mistake that causes harm.
Call Us Even If You Only Suspect Medical Malpractice. Proving Fault Is Our Job.
If medical malpractice caused your child’s cerebral palsy, the legal
team at The Lancione Law Firm, is dedicated to helping you achieve the
best possible results through legal action in Ohio courts. Our goal is
to improve the safety of the Ohio health care industry by holding negligent
physicians and medical facilities to account for the harm they cause.
Our focus on obtaining monetary compensation for our clients has allowed
us to achieve many multimillion-dollar verdicts and settlements, including
one of the largest medical malpractice verdicts in Ohio.
If you, your child or another loved one suffers from cerebral palsy, you
should seek the advice of an experienced medical malpractice and birth
injury lawyer immediately. We invite you to call our Rocky River offices
at (440) 571-6862 or
contact us online at any time to schedule an appointment. The Lancione Law Firm is proud
to serve clients in Cincinnati, Columbus, Toledo, Akron and other communities