Answering Your Pressing Questions About Birth Injuries
Birth injuries are devastating for both the infant and the parents. During this overwhelming experience, you probably have a lot of questions about birth injuries, medical malpractice and the legal process.
The team at The Lancione Law Firm can help you. Here, we have compiled some of our clients’ most frequently asked questions about birth injuries.
- How common are birth injuries?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that seven out of 1,000 babies born in the United States will experience a birth injury. Some of these injuries are impossible to prevent, but others are caused by medical negligence.
- What are some of the examples of birth injuries?
Some of the most common types of birth injuries are:
- C-section errors
- Erb’s Palsy
- Hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy
- Uterine rupture
- Umbilical cord prolapse
- What are some of the signs indicating that a birth injury was caused by medical malpractice?
There are a few conditions that you must prove if you believe that medical malpractice caused a birth injury:
- A health professional owed you a duty of care.
- They deviated from an established standard of care.
- Their deviation from the standard of care caused an injury to your baby.
- What if I think my doctor isn’t being honest about what happened?
When accused of malpractice, many doctors refuse to admit any negligence. They or the hospitals they work for often hire powerful lawyers to defend them at all costs. If you believe that your doctor is not telling the truth about your child’s birth injury, you must work with a skilled team of attorneys who can investigate your claim thoroughly.
- How can I make sure I get enough compensation for the birth injury?
Doctors, hospitals and insurance companies are supposed to have their clients’ best interests in mind, but they often care more about their bottom line. By working with an attorney, you can show that you are serious about recovering maximum compensation. Even then, you may need to go to court to seek a favorable verdict.
Get More Answers To Your Birth Injury Questions
Schedule a consultation with The Lancione Law Firm in Cleveland to ask more questions to one of our knowledgeable, caring attorneys. To reach us, you can call 440-571-6862 or send us an email. No one should have to endure a birth injury alone, and you deserve answers to your questions.